For a project at our client’s site, an international bank based in Zurich, we are looking for an experienced
Big Data Engineer – Hadoop (5894)
In this role, you will be part of the team builds a solution, which on one hand allows data scientists to analyze data and build advanced analytics models and on the other hand to operationalize data pipelines to execute data sourcing, data integration, data enrichment with analytical results and integration with the downstream systems in an automatic manner.
- Work experience as a Data/Software Engineer using Big Data technologies
- Understanding of data modelling and creating data structures on Hadoop
- Experience with building data pipelines on Hadoop, ideally Cloudera distribution, using Spark, Scala, Python, and similar languages
- Very good knowledge of SQL, Impala and Hive databases
- Software life cycle experience, ie build, deployment, testing, release, and maintenance
- Fluent in English
- Data sourcing and data integration tasks
- Collaborate closely with data scientists in the business teams to understand data and functional requirements
- Design and build data pipelines to ingest, integrate, standardize, clean and publish data
- Integrate analytical models developed by the data scientists into end-to-end data pipelines
Off to new destinations! Apply now directly or contact our team.