Amsterdam, Netherlands – €750-800 per Day
This is an opportunity for a Freelance DevOps Engineer to work on open source technology and infrastructure that handles hundreds of millions of page views a day and serves millions of customers all over the world.
The candidate we are looking for is an experienced DevOps engineer with a passion for open source products and systems automation, and the initiative to identify areas for operational improvements.
- Dive deep into system and application performance and reliability issues; partner with software and systems engineers across the organization to produce and roll out fixes and improvements.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack. Solve problems relating to mission-critical services and build automation and monitoring to help prevent problem recurrence.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Represent the Operations team in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from Kernel to Shell and beyond, including working with system libraries, file systems, and Client Server protocols.
- Strong experience with configuration management systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing Java-based server applications.
- Able to prioritize tasks and work independently.
Experience with several of the technologies listed below:
- Elastic Search