Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Sr. Oracle Database Developer for a Contract assignment with one of our premier Financial Services clients in Boston, MA.
The team is looking for a senior database developer to help build the next generation of the products.
- Responsible for the detailed design, implementation and delivery of the software components
- Be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of software development life cycle, with test driven approach to developing robust applications.
- Work with technical architects to define and document system designs and solutions consistent with the prescribed architecture.
- Work with teams of software engineers and developers on multiple and complex software development efforts with a primary focus on creating conceptual data models, coding database access services, identifying and resolving database performance issues, supporting code, and integration tools.
- Work with the QA staff during various phases of testing and test case preparation, and provide technical leadership for developers.
- Proficient in database design, data modelling, and coding of large and complex projects.
- Well versed with high quality Design, coding, testing, and documentation.
- Proficient in Oracle 11g or 12C, and PL/SQL
- Minimum 7 years’ experience required in databases of which minimum 5 years must be programming in Oracle PL/SQL
- Good depth and breadth of knowledge in the Oracle Database is required. Must possess knowledge of Oracle internals and SQL performance tuning
- Experience working with business units to analyze business requirements and develop appropriate design and solutions.
- Knowledge and experience in Oracle instance tuning including analysis and interpretation of Oracle stats
- Knowledge of Java in DB programming
- Experience with Database replication technologies such as Golden Gate
- Experience using CI/CD leveraging tools including Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins
- Knowledge of Agile development and experience with Scrum or Kanban frameworks
- Experience working with UNIX or Linux, and Shell programming is preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle RAC, TOAD/DBARTISAN, ERWIN, Perl a plus.
- Experience with Sybase or SQL Server a plus
- Experience with AWS development using RDS, Aurora a Plus
- Financial Industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or related experience preferred
- Certification in domain-specific technologies preferred
SGA is a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities.