We offer some of the most interesting and challenging roles where you get to work with the latest IT Technologies with some of the biggest clients in Belgium. For our client we are looking for a Software Engineer on a contractor basis.
Project Start: ASAP
Project duration: longterm contract
Location: Antwerp area
Languages: Only English required!
Successful engineers in our team will have strong problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills, drive for execution and results, while delivering quality software. We value passion, creativity, agility, accountability and the desire to learn new technical areas. You will be an important part of our team of highly motivated and talented individuals and this is a great opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of mid-office applications.
* Build the next generation of mid-office applications
* As an experimented developer, bring us your expertise, your motivation and your commitment
* Come to manage major projects, express your technical leadership and propose solutions to become a key element and a functional reference
* Define user requirements for development of new or improvement of existing software solutions
* Design technical solutions and perform feasibility studies
* Propose viable technical solutions to Product Management and/or users for validation
* Model, design and implement databases as necessary
* Develop software according to Company’s Standards
* Conduct unit, package and performance tests of the software and ensure a level of quality in line with the company’s guidelines
* Participate in the validation/acceptance phase of the product cycle ensuring the fine-tuning necessary to finalize the product
* Produce software documentation necessary for the application and issue it to the requesting departments
* Support the end user in the Production phase by debugging existing software solutions in response to Problem Tracking Records (PTR) and Change Requests (CR) issued from Product Management or Product Definition
* Master degree in Computer Science
* UNIX, Linux
* Experienced in Object Oriented Programming Language
* Java, C++, angular, c# knowledge or willingness to learn
* Progress 4GL knowledge is a plus (depending on the project)
* Database modelling and database optimization techniques
* Oracle knowledge is a plus o Progress DB knowledge is a plus (depending on the project)
* Knowledge of distributed development and service oriented architecture
* Profound understanding of non-functional requirements
* Multicultural approach. Pro-activity, sense of initiative, autonomy
* Change management and Flexibility
* Information gathering
If you are interested in this vacancy, we would be pleased to receive your updated CV, availability and your hourly rate with everything included. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.