New York, New York – USD
Job DescriptionDerive Engineers is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm of skilled, and passionate people based in New York, New York. The Derive team seeks to balance the rational pursuit of the engineering solution with the openness to serendipitous opportunity in support of the best design solution for our clients. Our firm’s collaborative design process focuses us on projects in the cultural, higher education, commercial/institutional and master planning sectors across the country and the world.
We are looking for an open minded Senior Mechanical Engineer to join this pursuit of engineering excellence within the built environment. Together we engineer the design journey.
This role includes the following responsibilities:
- Perform system design calculations and analyze mechanical system options with industry standard engineering and energy modeling software.
- Familiarity with all relative building codes and standards.
- Design of mechanical systems including: heating, cooling, heat rejection, air and hydronic distribution systems, ventilation, air conditioning, building automation and controls.
- Prepare design documents to detail the mechanical systems in basis of design report, drawing (AutoCAD and Revit) and specification formats.
- Review design deliverable assurance of technical accuracy and presentation quality.
- Coordinate work with architect and engineers of other disciplines.
- Manage projects for timely technical delivery day to day liaison with design and client team.
The qualified candidate will have the following experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Architectural Engineering with a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with proven interest in the field of building design.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) and LEED accredited professional is preferred.
- Track record of sustainable and innovative approach to design.
A successful candidate will display the following traits.
- Self-motivated and enjoy collaborative problem solving.
- Interest in cultivating and mentoring younger members of the team.
- Awareness of commercial opportunity and project finances.
Derive Engineers understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions. We actively promote inclusivity across the company to enable every individual to reach their full potential. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. Derive Engineers is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to prosper within a growing organization.