Health Information Manager – MR Forms/Subacute VAED
Health Information Services
Full time – 80 hours per fortnight with ADO
Ballarat Health Services provides a complex range of surgical, medical, obstetric, psychiatric, palliative care, rehabilitation and residential services. Ballarat is located approximately 75 minutes’ drive west of Melbourne and offers a wide range of recreational, sporting and social facilities for a population of over 90,000 people. A vibrant, progressive regional city, Ballarat is large enough to retain its own regional flavour but is within easy commuting distance to Melbourne.
The focus of this position is the management of medical record forms including paper and electronic forms. This function includes governance, liaising with clinical form owners, form design and configuration of the form within BOSSnet Digital Medical Record (DMR) The role will also encompass data management of the subacute VAED and clinical coding.
MR Forms Management
- Design new and modify existing MR forms – paper and electronic
- Participate in the formation of governance structures to ensure the integrity of medical record content and structure are established and maintained in the transition from DMR to EMR and single hospital medical record to a shared regional EMR.
- Maintain BHS Digital Medical Record (DMR) Structure
- Work in close collaboration with other Forms HIMs, BOSSnet Business Analyst and Deputy Manager, HIS to coordinate input to DMR/EMR content
- Manage VAED submission for subacute Queen Elizabeth campus data.
- Undertake data extraction, cleansing, submission, cleansing, reconciliation cycle, ensuring DH and internal reporting timelines are met.
- Liaise with staff involved in Front End data collection to ensure understanding of data and data integrity requirements
Key selection criteria include:
- Qualified Health Information Manager
- Intermediate to Advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Publisher
- Excellent attention to detail, thoroughness and follow through
- Excellent interpersonal skills – verbal and written
- Willingness and aptitude to learn
BHS mission is to deliver quality care to the communities we serve by providing safe, accessible and integrated health services resulting in positive experiences and outcomes. Our core values of Teamwork, Respect, Compassion and Accountability are central to our organisation and this role in delivering these outcomes.
Please include your Resume, Cover Letter and address the Key Selection Criteria. All applications must be submitted online.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check & Immunisation Clearance.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people.