Nuremberg, Germany/Remote – £600 -£700 per Day
(“RTE”, “Release train Engineer”, “Agile Release Train”, ART, “Scrum Master, Agile, SAFe, Scaled Agile Framework, Scrum, KANBAN, Certified Scrum Master, CSM, PSM, Certified Scrum Practitioner, Contract)
Release Train Engineer – BIG DATA – (SAFe/Scrum/KANBAN) – 6 month Contract – Germany/Remote
Our key client, a global leader in BIG DATA and ANALYTICS, has some very exciting Scrum Master contract roles on a major Agile Transformation Programme in Germany (UK Ltd/Umbrella paid in £). They are just starting a 2 year and £200m Digital Transformation Programme and is implementing SAFe as part of its Agile transition.
This role is primarily responsible for facilitating the Agile Release Train (ART) events and processes and assist the scrum teams in delivering value. You will communicate and partner with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk and drive improvement. You will be expected to act as a leader to the ART, providing coaching on the processes and SAFe best practices. The Release Train Engineer is responsible for but not limited to preparing and leading the Program Increment Planning event and then facilitating the execution of the PI Commitments, SAFe Program level risk and issue management, quality, change management, communications, stakeholder management, budget and quality standards and practices, and the assurance of all these within the delivery teams managed by Scrum Masters.
This role will involve the successful candidate being on site in Nuremberg, Germany 4/5 day per week with some potential to work remotely on occasion.
- Solid and demonstrable commercial experience of being a “hands on” Release Train Engineer that is Embedded in the team in corporate/enterprise environments.
- Experience of working within and/or assisting the implementation a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Delivery of business value through coordinated cadence of sprints and Program Increments to ensure Program Increment commitments are delivered according to agreed time/acceptance criteria/quality/change control criteria.
- Planning and facilitation of Program Increment Planning events
- Matrix manage ART Scrum Masters to maximise quality and high-performance outcomes, seamlessly integrating the use of external consultant and client team members
- Providing technical and servant leadership, mentoring, and coaching of staff to ensure continual improvement in the skills necessary to manage agile delivery pipeline.
- Ensuring the development of accurate Program Increment plans and Commitments, reporting variances to senior management where there is likely to be a significant impact on agreed delivery parameters.
- Effectively controlling the issues, risk, dependencies and changes in scope associated with the ART ensuring timely intervention and communication to stakeholders.
- Conducting regular end of sprint and Program Increment retrospectives, both internally within ART and where appropriate with external Dependent stakeholders during and after the delivery of each Program Increment.
- Facilitate system and solution demos on cadence.
- Assist in assessing the agility level of ART and advise on areas for improvement.
- Any Scrum certifications will be highly desirable – Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- SAFe certifications – SAFe RTE or Scrum Master, SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, etc.
- Knowledge of Rally
Please click the apply link to send your CV
For a further discussion, please contact James Money
83zero Consulting Limited is an IT recruitment consultancy specialising in Change | Agile Transition | IT Service Management | Project and Programme Management within the UK. We provide high quality interim and permanent senior IT professionals.