Senior Engineer, Proposal OR Senior Writer, Proposal
- Location Calgary, AB
- Salary Not available
- Vacancies 1 Vacancy
- Terms of employment Full time
WSP in Calgary, AB
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada’s most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights’ Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada’s Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects. In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today – we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
Our ERI (Energy, Resources and Industry) group works on a wide range of diverse, cutting edge projects; from a Oil & Gas well tie-in to Power Generation to Mines and large multi-million dollar SAGD facilities.
Due to the tremendous growth we are experiencing we are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our Business Development group as a Proposal Engineer [BD1] .
Reporting to the Director, Business Development you will be responsible for managing relationships with key clients with a focus on developing long term business relationships.
- Directly prepare proposals, manpower estimates and schedules for WSP ERI utilizing the defined tools
- Work with the BD Representatives to maintain a funnel of business development opportunities from prospect, proposal, pending and award statuses
- Responsible to support BD in the development of project statistics and historical information for BD, such as average project cost by type of project, number of projects by type, cycle time between phases of projects, etc.
- Develop relationships with new and existing clients
- Assist in the delivery of sales and marketing information for other WSP leadership or staff
- Estimating and development of proposals, ideally for professional services, but for equipment or other oilfield services also applicable
- Knowledge of EPC project schedule norms and development. Must be able to discuss with potential and existing clients
- Complete regular status reports on both financial and schedule; lead periodic formal and informal project communications to establish understanding and receive feedback
- Ensure contractual obligations are being supplied to internal PM’s for awarded projects
- Advocate the usage of and confirms compliance with all of the Client and Corporate procedures as required
- Understand knowledge of National Business Line market and clients as pertains to the strategy
- Mentor and coach junior staff; identify and seek out mentoring opportunities
- Knowledge of professional services sales cycle
- Fully understand and utilize BD processes & procedures throughout proposal development and for all other BD related tasks
- Ability to present information to Clients in a boardroom setting:
- Proficiency in MS Office, CRM programs
- Estimating software experience desired
- Oil &Gas, Power, Mining and Industrial process design experience an asset
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent in related field with evidence of continued education / learning
- Completed formal training in Project Management; PMP certification an asset
- Process engineering or equivalent background a definite asset
- Greater than 5 years’ experience in assistant project management or equivalent role
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects Clients and other internal departments
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and grow Client relationships and resulting business volume
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.