Manhattan, New York City, New York – $80k – $100k + 20% Bonus + Pension
SQL Database Administrator (DBA SQL Server Oracle Database Administrator SQL Clustering Always-On Mirroring RAC Finance Banking Trading) required by our trading software client in Manhattan, New York.
You MUST have the following:
- Strong experience as a SQL Database Administrator (DBA) within a varied enterprise environment
- SQL Server 2008 and 2012 including Always-On, mirroring and clustering
- Current OR previous exposure to Oracle database administration (11g/12c)
The following would be DESIRABLE, no essential:
- Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC)
- NoSQL such as MongoDB or Hadoop
- Experience within a financial services company such as a bank, broker or asset management company
SQL Database Administrator (SQL Server, Always-On, Clustering, Oracle 11g/12c) required by our trading software client in Manhattan, New York. You will join a central IT team for an international group of companies. You will be the primary point of contact for SQL Server issues and projects in a 3-person database administration team that is responsible for the preproduction upgrade and release environment as well as the maintenance and improvement of the production environment. Clustering and performance tuning for SQL databases is essential. NoSQL is desirable but not essential.
The role will be 60% SQL Server to 40% Oracle administration. You will be the Lead SQL DBA but required to cover the Oracle DBA’s, so some Oracle administration is required, including working with Oracle 11g or 12c, and ideally, Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC). The environment is 400 SQL databases and 300 Oracle databases globally.
This is a shift-based role. The hours will be Monday to Friday, 7.30am 4.30pm or 9.30am 6.30pm, dependent on the business requirements.
Salary: $80k – $100k + 20% Bonus + Pension