Overview of business area or project:
The project is in the risk management domain. The application is the source of control activities within the bank worldwide and tracking system of issues and actions for authorities outside the bank.
The main function of a solution architect is to analyzes and estimate the business requirements, elaborate an appropriate application design, decide on the technology applied and clarify impact on other applications. The solution architect knows the different possibilities and communicates with all necessary stakeholders about interfaces, security. The solution architect ensures high quality of work by conducting code reviews, ensuring unit testability of the application and supporting the development team. As application responsible, you look after production stability, availability and performance and provide 3rd level support for internal business customers.
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
IT Mortgage/Risk Management provides application development services for diverse Business Areas of the bank all over the world. After project delivery, we are responsible for production support, maintenance and enhancements. In focus of our projects are Mortgage Pricing & Processing, Covered Bond Solutions and software enhancements for corporate and institutional clients.This position is focused on Risk Management Solutions. This team is responsible for Supervisory Control and Tracking applications as well as Customer Reporting.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
Demanding project environment with challenging targets.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Good written and spoken English
- Strong Java programming skills (Java 7, JPA, CDI, Jersey)
- Strong understanding of the JEE technologies (Weblogic, JEE 6, EJB, Webservices (REST)
- Strong understanding of the web technologies (JSF, JSON, HTML)
- Strong understanding of relational database design
- Good skills of Eclipse or IntelliJ, Subversion, maven
- Good understanding of Patterns (Design)
- Strong adherence to standards in the area of Java, JEE, Guidelines, Architecture
- Strong commitment to test-driven development (JUnit, Continuous Integration)
- Good hands-on experience with Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience with SQL (Oracle) and data base design
- Strong understanding of OO Analysis, OO Design with UML
- Strong soft skills to handle stakeholders with different background (Requirement engineers, Project leads, Programmers, Offshore resources, Testers etc.) and integrate in the existing Project team.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in application development projects following incremental and iterative approaches (Agile)
- Experience in Risk Management
- Motivation to contribute software improvements in an interesting environment experience in banking or finance industry
- Experience with Spring Batch framework
- Fluent written and spoken German
Candidate Value Proposition:
- Working according to industry best practice standards
- Fast learning curve to gain specialist knowledge in business area and the bank specialities
- Manage a challenging book of work and ability to handle change and uncertainty.
- Take responsibility for own work and team results