VTRAC Consulting Corporation
Thank you for applying to VTRAC opportunities. Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Database/Modeler Architect, position number: 8654, Attention: email@example.comHelp or call 416 366 2600 ext. 241
Position No.: 8654
Title: Database/Modeler Architect
Type: Contract (6 Month)
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Vancouver, BC
Our client a renowned Investment firm in downtown Vancouver is looking for a hands-on analyst, technologist and architect who has deep experience in data warehousing and analytics technologies to provide tactical and strategic direction in the areas of data architecture, business intelligence analytics, data mining and visualisation, and assessment of data quality and consistency across platforms and geographical areas.
The successful candidate will work with business and IT teams as well as project teams to develop a comprehensive enterprise data model and corresponding reporting representing key business information. In addition, the BI Architect will coordinate with IT teams for the development of information gathering and reporting standards. This role will be responsible for providing guidance on best practices in data analytics and business intelligence while working in coordination with the Enterprise Architect to lead the successful planning, design and implementation of the Data Analytics program to support current projects and future needs.
- Work with the Enterprise Architect on defining and implementing the strategy and roadmap for enterprise data; implementation and data management for new and existing data sources, publicly available data, and advanced data analytics.
- Perform a key technical leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualisation, data mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation – All within the context of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics solutions.
- Build upon and maintain analytics strategies, capabilities, roadmaps and solutions.
- Participate in research, evaluation, and proof of concept for new products, technologies and applications impacting data and analytics architecture.
- Liaise with internal groups to maintain SOPs, internal and external audits
- Collaborate with internal and external groups to identify, analyse and proactively resolve issues
- Collaborate with the BI Manager on understanding the business requirements and business processes, data warehouse design, including data modeling, extract-transformation-load (“ETL”) and/or extract-load-transformation (“ELT”) processes.
- Coordinate with IT teams to provide guidance on best practices around data analytics.
- Exhibit a creative and innovative mindset when crafting solutions.
- Exercise tact, courtesy and professionalism in ensuring effective team work and fostering productive relationships.
- Manage training room facilitiesQualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering MicroStrategy architectures which would be gained through 8+ years of progressively more responsible work in this field.
- Experience in technology consulting as a MicroStrategy Reports Developer.
- Experience designing MicroStrategy schema objects such as Attributes, Hierarchies and Transformations.
- Experience creating complex MicroStrategy Metrics, Conditional and Level Metrics.
- Experience in MicroStrategy Performance Tuning reports using VLDB settings.
- Experience developing MicroStrategy Dashboards.
- Experience or technical knowledge of Hadoop for backend data integration.
- Experience in Master Data Management (MDM).
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts, data warehouse concepts and database architecture and design.
- Solid understanding of data integration concepts and solutions following various data integration patterns, including ELT and ETL.
- Extensive experience providing practical direction on MicroStrategy in conjunction with EDW tools and technologies.
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable experience in presenting and explaining complex architecture concepts to non-technical audience.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Experience with SQL based RDBMS environments (design and administration).
- Able to balance deliverables and priorities while working independently or as part of multiple project teams.
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.