Doha – circa 40k QR/Month (£8k/Month)
Project Summary: $7.5bn large scale IT infrastructure and Civil Construction project in Doha, Qatar
6 Month+ Contract
circa 40k QR/Month
We are looking for an experienced training and development manager to devise and deploy our organizational training requirements, oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes. You will identify training and developmental needs across 20 Work Packages, defining timelines for delivery, often with multiple phases that match systems functionality deployments.
Training will be through Classroom, CBT, Web, Manuals, and Train the Trainer initiatives blended together to produce an effective training program. Excellent communications, liaison and planning with multiple vendors, stakeholders, users, internal staff, coordinators and translators will be required.
Training manager responsibilities include enhancing performance, productivity and quality of work across a broad spectrum of client and employee levels to acquire a highly skilled work force.
- Works across multiple packages with individual Project Managers to assess, document, and communicate with their nominations to deliver training modules, including all content
- Communicates with procurement teams to approve external vendors for courses and ensure their timely presence on site, to meet project milestones.
- Develops training Matrix and plan that demonstrates when each work package will deliver training with dates, durations, attendees, location.
- Manage training coordinators, trainers and translators
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods
- Conduct effective induction and orientation sessions
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them
- Manage training budget
- Provide opportunities for ongoing development
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
- Ensure training room technology is maintained to high standards and routinely checked to ensure high levels of availability
- Proven work experience as a training manager
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, E-learning, workshops, simulations etc.)
- Deliver excellent presentation and audiovisual support
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals
- Good computer and database skills
- BS degree in education, human resources or relevant field