Lead SAP Developer (BW/BI) at The Home Depot
Toronto Head Office (Store Support Centre) , ON
The Lead Developer is responsible for the design and development of SAP BW/BI solutions. This position requires deep SAP BW and other SAP technical skills. This position is responsible for developing an optimal technical design that fits in with the overall architecture strategy, best practice guidelines and meets all business requirements. The incumbent will have an excellent understanding of the entire project life cycle. Ability to guide and direct project teams in the requirements and gathering, designing, and development of complex applications/programs. The Lead Developer will assists multiple team members and other project leads in the day-to-day activities related to project work. Must be able to anticipate hardware and software design needs.
- Define, plan, develop and implement optimal BW applications across multiple complex projects and solutions that fits the existing architecture strategy
- Provide best practice guidelines, meet all business requirements and deliver projects on schedule and on budget
- The incumbent will need an excellent understanding of the entire project life cycle
- Should possess ability to direct project teams with requirements gathering, design, development and assessment of hardware/software needs
- Responsible for compliance, conduct necessary test reviews and high quality project implementations from Design to QA to Production
- Requires providing assistance to Support members with daily BW activities and maintenance work
- Provide regular status reports to Manager
- SAP BW hands-on design, development and implementation experience with deep skills in extraction, modeling and reporting
- Performance tuning
- ABAP experience, HANA data modeling and Performance tuning
- Experience with BOBJ Business Intelligence and Analytical tools
- Transport Mgmt, OSS notes, experience with BW systems of Large volume and complex solutions
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Support experience and ability to lead and mentor others
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical.
- Understands the financial implications of the project (i.e. software capitalization, Cost/benefits, etc.).
- Retail experience would be a plus
- ERP/other SAP functional experience would be a plus
- Typically reports to Senior Manager, Information Technology
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but it does require the leadership within a work group.
- Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Degree in computer science or related field
- 5-7 Years SAP BW development and/or Related Experience
- 2 Years HANA development Experience
- Hands on SAP BW development and HANA modeling experience
- Knowledge of SAP BOBJ development tools
- Experience with Analytical visualization tools like Design Studio, Lumira/Tableau is preferred.
- SAP HANA Data modeling Certification – optional
- Expert knowledge of the PC (hardware and software) is essential.
- Ability to listen to what the user is saying and then interpret what he/ she is trying to get across.
- Ability to work autonomously and with a diverse team.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to present ideas and provide justification when challenged.
- Good knowledge of emerging SAP technologies and BW Archiving process.
- SAP business process knowledge across all modules