Applicants who require a work visa considered
Test Automation Engineer – HSBC Digital Solutions
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
The most exciting digital revolution in HSBC’s history is happening right now. The global digital solutions we are creating will influence the banking behaviour of over 37 million customers worldwide. Such an exciting journey comes with a truly unique career opportunity: working alongside a growing team of experts from world-leading technology companies to embed digital into the heart of the bank.
Our Digital teams are an integrated global group of over 3500 technologists and commercial thinkers, working across our offices in London, India, China, Hong Kong, the US, Canada, Poland and Mexico.
Our work includes developing new mobile apps and online experiences; using digital messaging to build the relationship with our customers; building and improving the underlying technology and security platforms; and innovating our propositions to take advantage of new innovation.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role Test Automation Engineer.
In this role, you will:
- Manage extensive commercial automation experience, testing mobile and web application software
- Create, drive, and build test strategies that are robust, reusable, and scalable
- Have strong experience conducting system, integration and acceptance testing, writing test scripts, delivering quality driven applications in line with test strategies
- Be responsible for creating detailed test artefacts such as test plans, test specifications, automated tests, defect tickets, and reports
- Work with both your team and other cross functional teams to plan and execute tests using the latest UI/Mobile test automation technologies, processes and tools to deliver frequently, safely, and efficiently for millions of HSBC customers
- Collaborate with architects to ensure solutions adhere to their principles and direction
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Automation and manual test experience across the multitude of Windows and Mac browsers, and Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Windows)
- Based on business and technical requirements the ability to write and execute automated and manual tests (Functional, Non-Functional, Regression, Ad-hoc and Compatibility) to enable defect detection and solution validation
- Solid and demonstrable experience in lean software delivery and the principles of BDD, TDD and ATDD
- Test automation experience using Cucumber/Ruby, Robot, WebDriver, Selenium
For further details and application information please click “Apply”.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.